Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

Radio amp plug and play!

Td66

Military Veteran
Reactions
City
CALHOUN
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
23GR Corolla,19Ford F150,194Runner
I added this to my car yesterday!
I will say it wakes they system up; not only louder but you hear the speakers like you should have from factory. Very clear at 40 on the volume control with much deeper sound from highs and lows. I have the Milltek exhaust, primary back and at 32 it drowns out that exhaust sound, which is saying a lot. I could have went with any amp, price wise, but the plug and play compatibility, stock appearance, and reasonable price was the ticket for me. I did the same comparison at 22 on radio volume, without amp and with amp; day and night upgrade that even I could not mess up. Although I did, dropped socket down in dash being butter fingers and add on 45 minutes to a 20 minute job. I am very pleased with the outcome and would do it again. IMG_1655.JPG

GRRS

Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla CE
I assume this is a good add-on for those without the JBL system?

Td66

Military Veteran
Reactions
City
CALHOUN
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I bet those without the JBL could really use anything to help add more sound. Most likely, a better system would be a better option, but I bet this would do wonders for those systems too. This worked great with my JBL, adding just a little more punch. My wife has a 4 runner and the system in it is really good for factory, but I may add this to hers too.

SUPERSONIC RED GRC

Military Veteran
Reactions
City
Rocky Mountains
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Toyota GR Corolla
I added this to my car yesterday!
I will say it wakes they system up; not only louder but you hear the speakers like you should have from factory. Very clear at 40 on the volume control with much deeper sound from highs and lows. I have the Milltek exhaust, primary back and at 32 it drowns out that exhaust sound, which is saying a lot. I could have went with any amp, price wise, but the plug and play compatibility, stock appearance, and reasonable price was the ticket for me. I did the same comparison at 22 on radio volume, without amp and with amp; day and night upgrade that even I could not mess up. Although I did, dropped socket down in dash being butter fingers and add on 45 minutes to a 20 minute job. I am very pleased with the outcome and would do it again. View attachment 1146
Mounted in the same OEM under the seat location?
Photos of it in place possibly?
As I understand this is a direct plug and play?
Just want to confirm before a purchase.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Td66

Military Veteran
Reactions
City
CALHOUN
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mounted in the same OEM under the seat location?
Photos of it in place possibly?
As I understand this is a direct plug and play?
Just want to confirm before a purchase.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
It mounts behind the OEM dash unit close to the back or side of the glove box. I used a thick piece of foam tape wrapped around the unit to avoid any squeaks. There is a small area to slide it up horizontally in that location. I believe it was 5 plug and play connectors and a ground. Here is a You Tube video with the install and some sound bites to compare before and after:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzOYrZqpaWE

SUPERSONIC RED GRC

Military Veteran
Reactions
City
Rocky Mountains
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Toyota GR Corolla
It mounts behind the OEM dash unit close to the back or side of the glove box. I used a thick piece of foam tape wrapped around the unit to avoid any squeaks. There is a small area to slide it up horizontally in that location. I believe it was 5 plug and play connectors and a ground. Here is a You Tube video with the install and some sound bites to compare before and after:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzOYrZqpaWE
Thank you very much!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Corolla Max

Military Veteran
Reactions
City
Saint Marys
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2024 GR Corolla Core, SuperSonic
I added the Beat Sonic amp to my non-JBL system along with changing the dash speakers to 3.5 inchers and the sound is so much better.
Had to change the dash speaker grilles also, to enlarge the hole for more sound, but got ones for a Corolla XSE and they fit perfect.
Great upgrade for me.